When designing the Night Rail™, Fortis Mfg. wanted to design a handguard that was easy to install, but also to be able to mount with a full 360 degrees of contact. Their new patent pending, two piece barrel nut is one of a kind. They developed it from the ground up and the machining time it takes to make the barrel nut, rivals the time making the actual rail. That's not to say the rail is simple to make. One look and you'll see that they really took time with this in design and development. What they ended up with is a rail that not only looks amazing, but is still true to their lightweight brand. The barrel nut/mounting system keeps the rail performing even during the harshest of conditions.
Being one of the leaders in the industry of rail innovation and design, it's always a challenge to innovate new products that function well, but look great also. Fortis Mfg. is up for the challenge with the next chapter of their product line - the Night™ Series. I think you'll agree that we hit a home run with the Night Rail™.
- Material: Aircraft Grade 6061-T6 Aluminum / Barrel Nut: 4140 Steel
- Proprietary, patent 2 piece barrel nut that provides 360 degree contact
- Free float rail design
- KeyMod™ attachment points
- No visible screws on the rail system
- Will include (throw away) barrel nut wrench to install
- 9 oz / barrel nut 3.9 oz
- 1.35" Internal Diameter / 12.875" length
- Made in the USA!